Effective date: July 23rd, 2018
Sydney ICT PTY LTD and our contractors, suppliers and affiliates (collectively known from hereon in as “Sydney ICT”, “We”, “Us” or “Our”) welcome you to our website https://sydneyict.net.au/ (the “Website”). Thank you for taking an interest in our products and services (the “Service” or “Services”).
Sydney ICT reserves the right, at any time, to amend or modify these Terms of Service without prior notice to you; provided that if any alterations constitute a material change to these Terms of Service, Sydney ICT will notify you by posting an announcement on the Website. Any amendments or modifications will take effect immediately once they have been posted to the Website. By continuing to access or use the Services after any amendments have been made, you agree to be bound by any modifications made to the Terms of Service. For this reason, we encourage you to regularly review the Terms of Service. If you do not agree to any modifications, you must immediately stop using the Services.
1. Eligibility and Registration
- The Services provided by Us are not targeted towards, or intended for use by persons under the age of 13. By using Our Services, you acknowledge that you are 13 years of age or older. If you are under the age of 13, you may not under any circumstances use the Services provided by Us. You are solely responsible for ensuring that these Terms of Service are in compliance with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to you and the right to access the Services is revoked where these Terms of Service and/or use of the Services is prohibited, or to the extent offering, sale or provision of the Services conflicts with any applicable law, rule or regulation. Further, the Services are offered only for your use, and not for the use or benefit of any third party.
- To sign up for the Services, you must register an account (an “Account”). You must provide us with accurate and complete information. Should your personal information change, you must keep your Account information with us up to date. You shall not: (i) Select or use a username of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) Use as a username, a name subject to any rights of a person or company other than you without appropriate authorisation; or (iii) use a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene.
- You are solely responsible for any activity that occurs on your Account, regardless of whether the activities were carried out by you, your employees or a third party such as contractors or agents. You are also responsible for ensuring the security of your Account and passwords. You may never use another person’s Account without their permission.
- You must notify us in writing immediately of any changes to your eligibility to use our Services, breach of the security of your Account or any Services associated with your account. Account information should never be published or distributed.
- You have the ability to close your accounts with us.
- SYDNEY ICT WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO YOU, YOUR BUSINESS OR ANY THIRD PARTY AS A RESULT OF YOUR FAILURE TO PROVIDE US WITH ACCURATE INFORMATION OR TO KEEP YOUR ACCOUNTS SECURE.
- For the purposes of these Terms of Service, the term “Content” shall include, but is not limited to, information, data, text, written posts and comments, software, scripts, graphics, and interactive features generated, provided, or otherwise made accessible on or through our Services. “Content” also includes all User Content (defined below)
- All content added, created, uploaded, submitted, distributed, or posted to the Services by users (collectively known as “User Content”), whether public or private, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such User Content. You represent that all User Content provided to you is accurate, complete, up to date, and in compliance with all relevant laws, rules and regulations. You acknowledge that all content accessed by you using the Service is at your own risk and you will be solely responsible for any damages or loss to you or any other party.
- The Services may contain Content specifically provided by us. Such content is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. You shall abide by and maintain all copyright notices, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services.
- Subject to these Terms of Service, we grant each user of the Services a worldwide, non-exclusive, revocable, non-sub licensable and non-transferable license to use (i.e., to download and display locally) Content solely for purposes of using the Services. Use, reproduction, modification, distribution or storage of any Content for purposes other than the use of the Services is expressly prohibited without prior written permission from us. You shall not sell, license, rent, or otherwise use or exploit any Content for commercial use or in any way that violates any third party right.
- Some Content will be marked on the Service as “Creative Commons Content”. Creative Commons Content will be identified with a Creative Commons icon. We hereby grant each user of the Services a license to Creative Commons Content under the Creative Commons CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 US license, available at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/. You agree to abide by the terms of the Creative Commons License when using Creative Commons Content.
3. Acceptable Usage of the Services
- As a condition of use, you accept to not use the Services for any purpose that is prohibited by these Terms of Service. You are solely responsible for the activity on your account and Services provisioned to your account, and the activity of any sub-users that use your Account.
- COPYRIGHT AND USE OF CONTENT
- You agree that you will not transmit, distribute, post, store, link or otherwise traffic in Content, information, software or materials on or through the Service that (i) is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of others privacy, tortious, offensive, profane, contains unlawful pornography (for example, but not limited to, child pornography), or is otherwise deemed by Us to be inappropriate, (ii) you know is false, untruthful or inaccurate, (iii) constitutes unauthorised or unsolicited advertising, (iv) impersonates any person or identity, including Our Employees or Representatives, or (v) includes identification of any person such as Government issued identification, or financial documentation. Sydney ICT may, at its sole discretion, permit adult websites that abide by Australian Federal and State laws and regulations.
- ABUSE OF SERVICES
- You shall not: (i) perform any actions on the Service that imposes or may impose (as determined by Sydney ICT) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our (or our Third Party Providers’) infrastructure; (ii) interfere, or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services or any activities conducted on the Services; (iii) bypass, circumvent or attempt to bypass or circumvent any measures we may use to precent or restrict access to the Services (or other accounts, computer or networks connected to the Service); (iv) run any form of auto-responder or “spam” creation or distribution system on the Service; (v) host software with the intent of “crawling” any page or website (known as a “Spider”); (vi) harvest or scrape any kind of Content from the Service; (vii) use the Services for high risk activities, including, but not limited to: operation of Air Traffic Control systems, Life Support systems, Power Generation plants, or any other use where the failure of our Service could result in death, personal injury or environmental damage; or (viii) otherwise take any action in violation of our guidelines and policies.
- You shall not (directly or indirectly) decipher, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of any part of the Services except to the limited extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restrictions.
- Accounts must not: (i) run mass downloading services such as, but not limited to, Torrents, Seed Boxes, Usenet; (ii) run TOR services in any form; (iii) run crypto mining software or any software which consumes excessive processor time.
- The above terms also apply to use of the Sydney ICT Network.
- Subscribers must not use any methods to circumvent network allocation provisions. You shall only use IP addresses that were assigned to you by Sydney ICT. You shall not utilise methods to circumvent bandwidth allocations.
- Subscribers may not use the Service to distribute, receive communications or data gleaned from, or execute any action directed by any type of injurious code, including but not limited to: (i) key loggers, (ii) flood or mail bombs, (iii) Denial of Service (DOS) attacks, (iv) botnets, (v) or other actions which Sydney ICT reserves the right to determine to be malicious in intent.
- Subscribers shall not send any form of bulk email utilising their resources on a Shared Resource Service such as cPanel Shared Hosting.
- Failure to abide by this shall result in suspension of Service until contact can be established with the Subscriber
- Subscribers shall not send bulk email utilising their resources on a Private Service unless they maintain a list of subscribed members with relevant information, and guidelines or links within emails on how to unsubscribe or be removed from the list as per SPAM ACT (2003) CTH Section 18.
- Proof of a list must be presented to Sydney ICT upon request.
- Subscribers must be able to show Sydney ICT their unsubscribe method.
- Failure to provide any of the above sub-points will result in suspension of the Service until proof can be presented.
- Subscribers who fail to keep their websites up to date and become compromised will be suspended immediately without warning.
- You will receive a notification once your website has been suspended, telling you why.
- Once you prove to us that your website has been fixed and is no longer compromised, we will un-suspend your service.
- ACCOUNT TERMS
- We reserve the right to access, read, preserve and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or Government request, (ii) enforce these Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations, (iii) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support request, or (v) protect the rights, property or safety of Us, our users and the public.
- Subscribers are restricted from registering multiple Accounts with the same billing details without first notifying Sydney ICT. Should this activity be detected without notice from the Subscriber, Sydney ICT will have the right to automatically flag all accounts used with the same billing information as fraudulent or abusive.
- REMEDIAL ACTION
- Subscribers shall notify Sydney ICT if and when they learn of any security breaches regarding the Services, and shall aid in any investigation or legal action that is taken by Authorities and/or Sydney ICT to remedy the security breach.
4. Third Party Services
- The Services may permit you to link to other websites, services or resources on the Internet, and other websites, services or resources may contain links to the Services. When you access third party resources on the Internet, you do so at your own risk. These other resources are not under our control, and you acknowledge that we are not responsible or liable for the content, functions, accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of such websites or resources. The inclusion of any such link does not imply our endorsement or any association between us and their operators. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource. It is your responsibility to protect your system from items such as viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature.
- Sydney ICT accepts all major credit cards and debit cards. Pre-paid debit cards are not accepted.
- You may organise other forms of payment by contacting Sydney ICT at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The terms of this Agreement shall be monthly, unless otherwise organised with Sydney ICT, and will commence the date the Subscriber signs up. Payments must be made in AUD (Australian Dollars). Other currencies are not accepted. Subscribers are billed on their anniversary day each month unless otherwise organised with Sydney ICT.
- Subscribers have invoices generated seven (7) days prior to their due date.
- If a Subscriber does not make payment within five (5) days after the due date, the account will be deemed in arrears.
- Should a subscribers account fall into arrears, Sydney ICT will automatically suspend the account five (5) days after the due date. Sydney ICT will send no more than three (3) overdue reminders to the Subscriber between the due date and five (5) days after.
Subscribers services will cease to function after 5 days of non-payment.
- The Customer agrees to pay all amounts due in clear funds within the agreed timeframe but no later than 30 days from the due date.
- The Customer agrees that if it fails to pay in accordance with this clause, Sydney ICT may:Charge a late payment fee of $50.00 on all amounts paid after the due date;
- Charge interest on debts at 15% per annum from time to time;
- Charge a dishonour handling fee in the amount of $25.00;
- Recover all collection and legal costs and expenses incurred in collecting overdue accounts on an indemnity basis;
- Withhold supply;
- Sue for the money owing on the Goods or services provided.
- Failure to comply with clause 6.1 will constitute a breach of contract and Sydney ICT may treat the whole Agreement as repudiated and act accordingly.
- In the event this agreement has been entered into by more than one party each party shall be jointly and severely liable for any amount due.
- If the Customer:
- Fails to pay for any Goods or services on the due date; or
- Otherwise breached this agreement and failed to rectify such breach within seven day’s notice; or
- Cancel delivery of Goods or services; or
- Commits an act of bankruptcy or allows a trustee in bankruptcy or receiver and manager to be appointed to the Customer or any of its property; or
- Allow a judgment or order to be enforced or become enforceable against the Customer’s property; or
- Permits proceedings to be commenced to wind the Customer up or controller, receiver, administrator, liquidator or similar officers appointed to the Customer in respect of any part of its property;
- then Sydney ICT may enter upon the Customer’s premises (doing all that is necessary to gain access) where Goods supplied under this contract are situated at any time and re-take possession of any or all of the Goods Sydney ICT has supplied to the Customer and:
- Resell the Goods concerned;
- Terminate the agreement; and
- Sue for any monies owing.
- The Customer will be in default if the Customer does not pay any monies payable when called upon so to do the Customer and the Guarantor(s) jointly and severally acknowledge and agree that Sydney ICT is authorised to contact a credit reporting agency throughout the term of the Agreement to obtain a report about the creditworthiness of either the Customer or the Guarantor(s) or both.
- The Customer and the Guarantor(s) jointly and severally authorise Sydney ICT to engage in the exchange of information with a credit reporting agency or with other such parties as are necessary to give effect to the contract and to the ongoing relationship between the parties hereto.
- Sydney ICT reserves the right to report a Customer’s delinquent account to a credit reporting agency should payment remain outstanding for more than 60 days. In addition Sydney ICT may refer the outstanding account for debt collection or issue legal proceedings to recover any outstanding invoices. Should an account be referred for debt collection the Customer acknowledges and agrees to pay debt collection charges to be calculated at not less than 20% plus GST and will be incurred on the day Sydney ICT refers the matter to their nominated debt collection agency. The Customer shall also be liable for interest and all legal recovery costs associated with such action on a solicitor and own Customer or indemnity cost basis.
- We have no special relationship with or fiduciary duty to you. You acknowledge that we have no duty to take any action regarding:
- which Subscribers gain access to the Services;
- what Content you access via the Services; or
- how you may interpret or use the Content.
- TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU RELEASE US FROM ALL LIABILITY FOR YOU HAVING ACQUIRED OR NOT ACQUIRED CONTENT THROUGH THE SERVICES. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS CONCERNING ANY CONTENT CONTAINED IN OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SERVICES, AND WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR THE ACCURACY, COPYRIGHT COMPLIANCE, OR LEGALITY OF MATERIAL OR CONTENT CONTAINED IN OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SERVICES.
- THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY INFORMATION DELIVERED AS PART OF THE SERVICES, AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINTERFERENCE WITH DATA, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, THAT YOU WILL HAVE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO OUR WEBSITE OR THAT THE SERVICES ARE ERROR FREE AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. WE, AND OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, PARTNERS AND CONTENT PROVIDERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (I) THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; (II) ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (III) ANY CONTENT OR SOFTWARE AVAILABLE AT OR THROUGH THE SERVICES IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (IV) THE RESULTS OF USING THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICES CONTAIN INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ONE OR MORE THIRD PARTY DATA PROVIDERS. SYDNEY ICT DOES NOT CONTROL AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY PROVIDER. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT NEITHER SYDNEY ICT NOR ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY PROVIDER HAS ANY OBLIGATION TO CORRECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU EXCEPT AS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW. INFORMATION YOU REQUEST MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE OR MAY NOT BE PROVIDED, AND SYDNEY ICT HAS NO LIABILITY FOR SUCH FAILURE. IN NO EVENT WILL SYDNEY ICT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE CORRECTNESS, COMPREHENSIVENESS, COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY, TIMELINESS OF ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES ON THIS WEBSITE. THE INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. THEREFORE, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
9. Limitation of Liability
- IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, NOR OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS OR CONTENT PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE UNDER CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES (I) FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, DATA LOSS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, COMPENSATORY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES (HOWEVER ARISING), (II) FOR ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE (REGARDLESS OF THE SOURCE OF ORIGINATION), OR (III) FOR ANY DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF (IN THE AGGREGATE) OF FEES PAID TO US FOR THE PARTICULAR SERVICES DURING THE IMMEDIATELY PREVIOUS ONE MONTH PERIOD, EVEN IF SYDNEY ICT HAD BEEN ADVISED OF, KNEW, OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN, OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF. SUBSCRIBER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE FEES PAID BY HIM OR HER REFLECT THE ALLOCATION OF RISK SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT AND THAT SYDNEY ICT WOULD NOT ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT THESE LIMITATIONS. SUBSCRIBER HEREBY WAIVES ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST SYDNEY ICT ARISING OUT OF SUBSCRIBER’S PURCHASE OR USE OF THE SERVICES, OR ANY CONDUCT OF SYDNEY ICT’S DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR REPRESENTATIVES. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE RIGHT AND REMEDY IN CASE OF DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SERVICES OR ANY OTHER GRIEVANCE SHALL BE YOUR TERMINATION AND DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES.
IN ADDITION, YOU AGREE THAT SYDNEY ICT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DATA COMPILED BY OUR SERVICES AND THAT SYDNEY ICT WILL NOT BE LIABLE, IN ANY MANNER, AS A RESULT OF YOUR EXPOSURE TO ANY DEFAMATORY, LIBELOUS, THREATENING, UNLAWFULLY HARASSING, OBSCENE OR OTHERWISE UNLAWFUL CONTENT OR DATA. IN NO EVENT SHALL SYDNEY ICT, OR ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDER OF ANY COMPONENT OF THE SERVICES OR OF ANY INFORMATION DELIVERED AS PART OF THE SERVICES, BE LIABLE TO YOU AND/OR ANY PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SIMILAR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES, CONTENT, PRODUCTS, THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY LINKED WEBSITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR OTHER ECONOMIC LOSSES, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, EVEN IF SYDNEY ICT IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, INCLUDING LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH ANY VIRUSES WHICH MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR PROHIBIT THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS, AND IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL BE APPLIED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Subscriber is solely responsible for the preservation of Subscriber’s data which Subscriber saves onto its virtual server or cPanel account (the “Data”). EVEN WITH RESPECT TO DATA AS TO WHICH SUBSCRIBER CONTRACTS FOR BACKUP SERVICES PROVIDED BY SYDNEY ICT, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SYDNEY ICT SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY TO PRESERVE DATA. SYDNEY ICT SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY DATA THAT MAY BE LOST, OR UNRECOVERABLE, BY REASON OF SUBSCRIBER’S FAILURE TO BACKUP ITS DATA OR FOR ANY OTHER REASON.
- YOU SHALL DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS US, OUR AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, ANY RELATED COMPANIES, LICENSORS AND PARTNERS, AND EACH OF OUR AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, DIRECTORS, SUPPLIERS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM ALL LIABILITIES, CLAIMS, AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, THAT ARISE FROM OR RELATE TO YOUR (OR ANY THIRD PARTY USING YOUR ACCOUNT OR IDENTITY IN THE SERVICES) USE OR MISUSE OF, OR ACCESS TO, THE SERVICES, CONTENT, OR OTHERWISE FROM YOUR USER CONTENT, VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR OF ANY LAW, OR INFRINGEMENT OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OR OTHER RIGHT OF ANY PERSON OR ENTITY. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO ASSUME THE EXCLUSIVE DEFENSE AND CONTROL OF ANY MATTER OTHERWISE SUBJECT TO INDEMNIFICATION BY YOU, IN WHICH EVENT YOU WILL ASSIST AND COOPERATE WITH US IN ASSERTING ANY AVAILABLE DEFENSES.
12. Termination and Access
- Sydney ICT reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your access to all or any part of the Services at any time, with or without notice, effective immediately, including but not limited to as a result of your violation of any of these Terms of Service or any law, or if you misuse system resources, such as, by employing programs that consume excessive network capacity, CPU cycles, or disk IO. Any such termination may result in the forfeiture and destruction of information associated with your Account. Sydney ICT may provide prior notice of the intent to terminate Services to you if such notice will not, in Sydney ICT’s discretion, run counter to the intents and purposes of these Terms of Service. Except as otherwise set forth hereunder, any and all fees paid hereunder are non-refundable and any and all fees owed to Sydney ICT before such termination shall be immediately due and payable, including any liabilities that may have been incurred prior to termination such as Sydney ICT’s costs for collection (including attorneys’ fees) of any such charges or other liabilities. Upon termination, any and all rights granted to Subscriber by this Agreement will immediately be terminated, and Subscriber shall promptly discontinue all use of the Services. If you wish to terminate your Account, you may do so by following the instructions on the Website or through the Services. All provisions of these Terms of Service which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, licenses of User Content, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- If the Customer disputes any Goods sold or services supplied by Sydney ICT are faulty, defective or disputes the Invoices the Company has issued, the Customer must notify their reasons in writing to Sydney ICT within 7 days of the Invoice date, failing which the Customer loses any right to dispute the quality of the Goods, services or quantum of.
14. Dispute Resolution
- Mindful of the high cost of litigation, you and Sydney ICT agree to the following dispute resolution procedure: in the event of any controversy, claim, action or dispute arising out of or related to: (i) the Website; (ii) this Agreement; (iii) the Services; (iv) the breach, enforcement, interpretation, or validity of this Agreement; or (v) any other dispute between you and Sydney ICT (“Dispute”), the party asserting the Dispute shall first try in good faith to settle such Dispute by providing written notice to the other party (by first class or registered mail) describing the facts and circumstances (including any relevant documentation) of the Dispute and allowing the receiving party 30 days in which to respond to or settle the Dispute. Notice shall be sent (1) to Sydney ICT, PO BOX 403, Richmond, New South Wales, 2753, Australia or (2) to you at: your last-used billing address or the billing and/or shipping address in your Account information. Both you and Sydney ICT agree that this dispute resolution procedure is a condition precedent that must be satisfied prior to initiating any arbitration or filing any claim against the other party.
15. Metadata Collection
16. Changes to this Document
- This Terms of Service document may be modified from time to time, so please review it frequently. Changes to our Terms of Service will be posted on the Site and we recommend that you review our Terms of Service regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made to it. A user is bound by any changes to our Terms of Service when he or she uses the Services after such changes have been first posted. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. For example, we may send a message to your email address, if we have one on file, or generate a pop-up or similar notification when you access the Services for the first time after such material changes are made. Please check our Terms of Service each time you use our Site for the most current information.
Effective date: April 26th, 2017
Your personal information is stored on our systems using modern cryptography methods. All Employees and Contractors of Sydney ICT must abide by company policies which require that your Personal Information is not disclosed to external parties. However, we cannot fully eliminate any security risks associated with the collection, disclosure and storage of your Personal Information; mistakes and breaches are unfortunate and may occur. We do not guarantee or warrant that such techniques will prevent unauthorised access to information about you that we store, Personal Information or otherwise.
What does this document cover?
Our company is operated in Sydney, Australia by Sydney ICT, a Proprietary Limited company (ABN: 47 616 570 373). This document outlines how we collect, use and distribute information from our clients when you view our Main Website or sign up to Services which we provide.
This document does not apply to the privacy practices of third parties that we do not own or control. This includes, but its not limited to, any third party websites, services, or applications and resources which this Site may link to (hereon in “Third Party Services”) or otherwise access through our Services. We do not take responsibility for, and cannot be held liable for the content or privacy practices of those Third Party Services. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of any Third Party Services you may access.
What information do we collect?
The information we collect allows us to personalise, improve and operate our Services effectively to suit you and your needs. You may voluntarily provide additional information about yourself to enable us to provide the information or Services you are requesting. We store the information you provide about yourself in order to provide you with information or Services you request. Such information, with the exception of any Personal Information, is stored for the lifetime of the database unless you specifically request that the information be removed. Any information you share with us will be shared between our employees and Contractors to the extent that is necessary to accommodate and complete your request or requests. Should the need arise where we require to share your information in a manner which isn’t permitted within this document, we will obtain your consent before progressing further.
We may collect the following types of information from our users, some of which will be Personal Information and some of which will not be Personal Information.
User Content and Account Information:
As part of your Account information, Sydney ICT collects and stores information, including the full name, company name, billing address, email address, IP address, landing page, and referring URL, for all users upon registration and use of the Services. You acknowledge that this information may be personal to you, and by creating an Account on the Services and providing Personal Information to us, you allow us, our affiliates, our service providers and our contractors to identify you and, therefore, your use of the Services may not be anonymous.
IP Address Information and Other Information Collected Automatically:
We may automatically receive and record information from your web browser when you interact with the Services, including your IP address. An IP address is a number assigned to you by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet. We receive IP addresses in the normal course of the operation of our Site. We may automatically collect and record information about your use of features of our Services, about the functionality of our Services, and other information related to your interactions with the Services. We use the information we automatically collect and record to analyse trends, to administer, monitor and improve the Site and Services, to track users’ use of the Site and Services, and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We do not use IP addresses to identify you personally or disclose them to others. This information is used for fighting spam/malware and also to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Services (e.g., what links you have clicked on).
Generally, the Services may automatically collect usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the Site. We may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us and third parties authorized by us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Services so that we can analyse and improve them.
Information Collected Using Cookies:
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. To collect this information, when you visit our Site, a “cookie” may be set on your computer. Cookies contain a small amount of information that allows our web servers to recognize you whenever you visit. We store information that we collect through cookies, log files and/or clear gifs to create “settings” regarding your preferences. We do not tie your Personal Information to information in these settings.
Information Related to Advertising:
To support and enhance the Services, we may serve advertisements, and also allow third parties advertisements, through the Services. These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users. Sydney ICT may partner with third parties to display advertisements targeted to visitors of the Services. To do so, Sydney ICT stores a cookie for visitors for the purpose of displaying advertising.
We may collect statistical information about how users use the Services (“Aggregate Information”). Some of this information may be derived from Personal Information. This statistical information is not Personal Information.
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. For that reason, we do not collect or maintain information at our Site from those we know are under 13 years of age, and our Site is a general audience site not intended for users under the age of 13.
How is your information shared?
Summary of Information Sharing:
Information submitted to us is only available and utilised by employees and systems responsible for providing services to our customers and to contracted service providers for the purposes of providing Services relating to our communications with you.
Sydney ICT may share your information with contracted service providers if sharing your information is necessary to provide a Service you have requested, as part of a joint sales promotion or to pass sales leads to one of our distribution partners, or to keep you up-to-date on product announcements, software updates, special offers or other information. If your information is shared with third parties, we will strive to only provide the information they need to deliver the Service. We will aim to restrict these companies from using your information for any other purpose, and you may choose not to have your information given to such a third party.
Sydney ICT’s employees and contracted service providers have been trained to handle such data properly and in accordance with our security protocols and strict standards of confidentiality. Although we cannot guarantee against any loss, misuse, unauthorised disclosure, alteration or destruction of data, we take reasonable precautions to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
Public Information About Your Activity on the Services:
Some of your activity on and through the Services may be public, such as content you post publicly on the Site or otherwise through the Services. By posting such information on the Site, you agree that it may be viewed and used by other users or otherwise. Please also remember that if you choose to provide Personal Information using certain public features of the Services, then that information is governed by the privacy settings of those particular features and may be publicly available. Individuals reading such information may use or disclose it to other individuals or entities without our control and without your knowledge, and search engines may index that information.
IP Address Information:
Information You Elect to Share:
We may share Aggregate Information with our partners, service providers and other persons with whom we conduct business. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners can understand how and how often people use our Services and their services or websites, which facilitates improving both their services and how our Services interface with them. In addition, these third parties may share with us non-private, aggregated or otherwise non Personal Information about you that they have independently developed or acquired.
Email Communications with Us:
Sydney ICT may send occasional promotional materials to you via email. We try to respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings. Each email sent contains an easy way for you to cease receiving email from us. If you wish to do this, simply follow the instructions found at the end of any email. If you have received unwanted, unsolicited email sent via this system or purporting to be sent via this system, please forward a copy of that email with your comments to email@example.com. Regardless, we reserve the right to contact you for informational or account-related purposes when we believe it is necessary.
Access to Payment Processor Information:
As stated above, we use Payment Processors to collect and store financial information. However, we may from time to time request and receive some of your financial information from our Payment Processors for the purposes of completing transactions you have initiated through the Services, protecting against or identifying possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Information Shared with Our Service Providers:
We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf (our “Service Providers”). We may need to share Personal Information with our Service Providers in order to provide products or services to you. Our Service Providers do not have any right to use Personal Information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us in order to provide the products or services requested by you.
Information Disclosed Pursuant to Business Transfers:
Information Disclosed for Our Protection and the Protection of Others:
Upon signing up to a service, your information will be securely transmitted to MaxMind’s minFraud service for fraud detection and prevention.
Information We Share with Your Consent:
Can I access my information?
If you are a registered user, you can access information and ask for correction of your information, if necessary, that is associated with your Account by logging into the Services. Registered and unregistered users can access and delete cookies through their web browser settings.
Sydney ICT PTY LTD and The Australian Government
By law, Sydney ICT is required to retain metadata relating to our customers for a minimum period of two (2) years. The data collected from your use of our services consists of:
- Your name and particulars (Address, Phone Number, Billing information, the start and end date of your services with us)
The source of communication (IP addresses, source email address)
Destination of communication (IP address, destination email address, status of the communication [successful, failed, deferred, etc])
Date and time of the communication
Type of communication
If requested by a Government department, we are required to provide this information if absolutely necessary, and assist the Government department in any means appropriate.
What happens if there are changes to this document?